9419 Myersville Road
Myersville, MD 21773
Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 per hour
Franchise Ownership Program; Vacation, Sick & Holiday; Bonus Opportunities
Position Reports To
The Lawn Technician reports to the branch manager and, if so designated, the operations manager
Since NaturaLawn of America sells a service, the basic function is to proficiently treat the customer's lawn and work to bring customer satisfaction. This involves dealing with customer questions and problems. Having a neat, clean personal appearance; a clean truck.
The lawn technician has the freedom to contact anyone in the branch that may help to solve the problem at hand.
Lawn Technician Duties
- Maintain the truck by washing it, checking fluids and tire pressure daily.
- Keep all records up to date.
- Keep in communication with customers so that problems on lawns can be solved before they become major problems.
- Know and be able to explain the NaturaLawn® of America program and be able to honestly and accurately sell the NaturaLawn® of America program to prospective customers.
- Should be able to explain the nutrients and natural controls used in the area.
- Know and be able to explain all the available lawn care services and sales points.
- Follow up on a sales call.
- Work with the customers, their family and property with honesty and respect.
- Work with other staff as part of a team, sharing responsibilities.
- Treat lawns using the proper technique and professionalism.
- Be on the constant lookout for common problems on the lawn. When a problem is spotted, attempt a diagnosis and find a solution.
- Make service calls using the procedures outlined in the "Service Call Guidelines."
- Drive the NaturaLawn® of America truck safely and in accordance with NaturaLawn of America and state regulations.
- Know basic turfgrass terminology.
- Fill the truck with the proper materials while observing all NaturaLawn® of America fill procedures.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly and round maintenance.
- Wear a clean uniform daily.
The lawn technician should be willing to work all hours necessary to complete branch production.
Limits of Authority
The lawn technician can decide to take on new customers, make preliminary diagnosis of lawn problems. He can also contact anyone within the branch for assistance.
High school diploma required and knowledge of agronomics preferred, but not required.
Experience in agronomy, horticulture, or lawn care services is not required but can be a plus. You will need to complete appropriate certifications as required by the state you are employed in.
Lawn Technician Abilities
Willingness to work both as a member of the team and independently. Must have confidence in working with customers, in asking questions and in spraying. Must be capable of working alone and keeping up with production.
Acceptance of responsibility. Willingness to be flexible with work hours and schedule. Must enjoy physical work and the outdoors and enjoy speaking with customers. Must have a keen interest in Agronomics and direct customer contact.