FREDERICK, MD — NaturaLawn of America—the leader in organic-based lawn care—proudly announces The Dan Collins Scholarship Award is accepting applications for the 2021 school year. The award has been offered to students all across the US for a third-consecutive year.
The Dan Collins Scholarship Award was established in memory of Dan Collins, a franchise owner who passed away from cancer in 2005. Dan was a "larger than life" gentleman who always had a funny story to share, an encouraging word for his fellow owners, and a big heart for giving his best to help others. The NaturaLawn® of America franchise system created the scholarship to help students with the cost of their higher education.
The scholarship is an essay contest awarding three one-time stipends to the winning students to be used towards their college education. The first-place winner will receive $4,000 in scholarship monies. The second place will receive $1,000 and third-place will receive $500.
To enter, students will be required to submit two essays, along with proof of enrollment in a high school, college, or university.
Application submissions to The Dan Collins Scholarship Award (including all essays, letters of recommendation, transcripts, etc.) should be postmarked no later than May 15, 2021 for this year's award.
In addition to the completed application and a possible interview with NaturaLawn® of America management, the following criteria will be considered during the decision process:
- The applicant should be a current high school senior or enrolled as a full-time student in a two-year Associate Degree or four-year Bachelor Degree College/University program.
- Submission of a transcript showing a high school or current College/University GPA level of at least 2.5.
- A one-page essay explaining why you should receive this award.
- A one-page essay recounting how you may use your degree and knowledge gained from your education.
- Up to three letters of recommendation.
- Preference may be given to NaturaLawn® employee's children.
- Preference may be given to students enrolled in or with experience in the field of turfgrass management.
The winning students will be announced on NaturaLawn® of America's social channels, and notified by email.
To apply, please visit: https://naturalawn.com/dan-collins-scholarship-award/apply-online
About NaturaLawn of America
NaturaLawn of America's environmentally friendly approach to lawn care has been creating green lawns quickly, more naturally, and with fewer weeds since 1987. Headquartered in Frederick, Maryland, NaturaLawn of America is a national lawn care franchise system with 36 owners holding 92 licenses, and servicing over 113,000 customers in 26 states and the District of Columbia.