The NaturaLawn® of America Flea & Tick Control Program uses a combination of natural control materials including plant extracts, botanical oils and biological products. This enables us to provide a safer service for your family and pets, as well as beneficial insects in your lawn.
Our Flea & Tick Control Program is:
Our controls are safer than traditional lawn care chemicals. This is especially beneficial to organisms including birds, fish, pets, other animals and of course, people.
There is absolutely no need to apply costly, harsh or unnecessary synthetic chemicals for flea and tick control. Our program utilizes biorational control products which are safer for the environment.
Our program offers season-long control of fleas and ticks on your property, greatly reducing your chances of contracting tick-borne diseases.
Did You Know?
Fleas can produce up to 28 eggs per day and have been known to transmit Typhus? Or that ticks are the main carriers of Lyme disease, a disease that not only affects the bite area but can permanently damage the nervous system and joints? Both fleas and ticks can produce multiple generations in their lifespan and thrive in hot, humid conditions.
The Smart Choice
When considering the health benefits for your family and pets, it is a smart choice to use a safer alternative.
It is important to remember proper flea and tick control consists of a three-pronged approach:
- Take precautions with your pet. Check with your veterinarian for recommendations concerning various shampoos, dips and current vaccinations, and read up on how to prevent tick bites. If you or your pet is bitten by a tick, be sure you understand how to safely remove a tick.
- Consider inside your house. Treat areas that are likely to harbor fleas and ticks such as carpets and upholstery.
- Give proper attention to the ground around your home. Treating your lawn can help reduce populations of fleas and ticks your pets are likely to come in contact with.
Our Flea & Tick Control Program is an ongoing program requiring a series of applications in order to be effective, due to the life cycle of fleas and ticks. Contact your local service provider today to discuss a program. In the meantime, you can help keep ticks away from your yard with a few simple steps.
- If it rains after the application, will it still be effective?
- Yes. In fact, a little rain can even help.
- How long before I can let my children and pets on the lawn?
- Children and pets can play on the lawn as soon as the application has dried.
- Will this treatment kill all the fleas and ticks?
- One application should control up to 70% of the existing populations; however, new young will hatch and re-infestations will occur. Therefore, a multi-application program should be used to effectively control the pest.